Article 1 Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to “personal information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, which is information about a living individual that can be used to identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or other description contained in the information, as well as information that can be used to identify a specific individual by itself (personal identification information), such as appearance, fingerprints, voice print data, and insurer number on health insurance cards.
Article 2 Method of Collection of Personal Information
The Organization may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and e-mail address when a user registers for use. In addition, transaction records, including personal information, and settlement information between the user and the partner, etc. will be used by the organization’s partners (including information providers, advertisers, and ad distributors, etc.). We may collect such information from our business partners (including information providers, advertisers, ad distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “Business Partners”). The information may be collected from our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertising distributors, hereinafter referred to as “partners”).
Article 3 Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The purposes for which the organization collects and uses personal information are as follows.
- To provide and operate our organization’s services.
- To respond to inquiries from users (including verifying the identity of the user)
- To send e-mails with information on new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service the user is using, as well as information on other services provided by the Organization.
- To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
Article 4 Change of purpose of use
- The Organization shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when the purpose of use is reasonably recognized to be related to the purpose before the change.
- In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Organization shall notify the User of the changed purpose by the method prescribed by the Organization or announce it on the Website.
Article 5 Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- The Organization will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases. However, this excludes the cases permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local public body, or a person or organization entrusted by either of the foregoing in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person in question is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When the following items are notified or announced in advance, and when the Organization notifies the Personal Information Protection Committee.
- The purpose of use shall include provision to a third party.
- Items of data to be provided to third parties.
- Means or methods of provision to third parties.
- Stopping the provision of personal information to a third party at the request of the person concerned.
- How to accept a request from the individual.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the party to which the information is provided shall not be considered a third party in the following cases.
- When the Organization entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided in connection with the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons.
- In cases where personal information is to be used jointly with a specific person, and the person has been notified in advance or the person has been made readily aware of the fact, the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of the persons to be used jointly, the purpose of use of the persons to be used jointly, and the name or title of the person responsible for the management of the personal information.
Article 6 Disclosure of Personal Information
- When the Organization receives a request from an individual to disclose his/her personal information, the Organization shall disclose such information to the individual without delay. However, the organization may decide not to disclose all or part of the personal information if disclosure would result in any of the following cases, and if the organization decides not to disclose the information, it will notify the person without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party.
- When there is a risk of causing significant hindrance to the proper execution of the business of the Organization.
- When it would violate other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, we will not, in principle, disclose any information other than personal information, such as history and characteristics information.
Article 7 Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- The User may request the Organization to correct, add, or delete his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Correction, etc.”) in accordance with the procedures set forth by the Organization, in the event that his/her personal information held by the Organization is incorrect. In this case, you may request the correction, addition, or deletion (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.”) of your personal information.
- In the event that the Organization receives a request from a User as described in the preceding paragraph and deems it necessary to respond to such request, the Organization shall make corrections, etc. to the relevant personal information without delay.
- In the event that the Organization makes a correction, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph or decides not to make a correction, etc., the Organization shall notify the User of such decision without delay.
Article 8 Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.
- If the Organization receives a request from an individual to stop using or erase personal information (hereinafter referred to as “stop using, etc.”) on the grounds that the information is being used for purposes other than those for which it was intended, or that the information was obtained by wrongful means, the Organization will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. (hereinafter referred to as “cessation of use, etc.”) on the grounds that the information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been obtained by wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information without delay.
- If the Organization suspends the use of the information in accordance with the preceding paragraph, or decides not to suspend the use of the information, the Organization shall notify the User of such decision without delay.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing two paragraphs, in the event that it is difficult to suspend use, etc. due to large costs or other reasons, and alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the User can be taken, such alternative measures shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy are subject to change without notice to users, except as otherwise provided by law or in this policy.
Article 10 Contact for Inquiries
- If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact CONTACT.